Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) v6 Practices Workshop – AEST
October 30 @ 12:30 pm - November 2 @ 4:30 pm$1,650.00 - $2,140.00
KCS v6 Practices Workshop – Virtual
Four 4-hour sessions (16 hours class time)
Beth Coleman, Certified KCS Trainer will facilitate the workshop.
Get the insights, tools and skills you need for leading teams toward KCS practice maturity. Whether you’re planning, starting or fine-tuning your knowledge practices, you’ll be ready with take-aways to implement immediately. This thorough, instructor-led workshop is intended for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of KCS Principles, Concepts, Practices and Techniques.
Topics covered include the key deliverables required to implement KCS, best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value, and processes for creating in-workflow (Solve Loop) and value-added (Evolve Loop) content. Designed for knowledge managers, team leaders, analysts, coaches, managers, agents and engineers, consultants this workshop gives you the details needed for KCS roll-out at practitioner-level mastery. This workshop and a one hour follow up review session will help prepare you for the KCS v6 Certification available through the Consortium for Service Innovation (CSI). You’ll be asked to complete some reading in advance of and during the workshop. Your in-workshop sessions will be highly interactive with scenarios that will test your knowledge. An option to purchase a certification exam voucher is available. Enrol now!
Knowledge-Centered Service, or KCS®, is a methodology designed to integrate knowledge capture, improvement and reuse directly into service and support business processes.
You’ll gain a deep understanding of:
* KCS and its benefits
* KCS best practice industry examples
* KCS content, standards and quality
* The structured problem-solving workflow
* Roles and responsibilities
* Performance assessment
* Leadership strategies and change management
* Technology requirements to enable KCS
* A road map for KCS adoption
This workshop will also help you prepare for KCS v6 Practices Certification.
Benefits of having team members take this training:
- More consistent adoption of KCS throughout the organization: alignment of KCS vocabulary and understanding across distributed teams/locations globally
- Reduced time to obtain business benefits from KCS
- Clear, measurable, consistent goals aligned between KCS and business goals
- Engage high performers by recognizing them appropriately for contributions
- More effective communications with sponsor and management
Group options and discounts are available for this workshop during registration.
Once registered, you’ll receive notifications confirming payment and details of course preparation. On the day of the workshop, you’ll need a or laptop or desktop computer with a minimum 11 inch screen. We will be available in advance of the workshop to assist you with your login to the live virtual workshop.
KCS v6 Practices Certification
The Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS®) v6 Practices Certification designates individuals who demonstrate a thorough understanding of the KCS concepts including the Solve Loop, Evolve Loop, and best practices for KCS adoption.
If you’re wishing to become KCS v6 Practices Certified you can sit the KCS v6 Certification Exam at a later date by booking through The KCS Academy (exam fee: US$450.).
CATALYNK Limited is a certified provider of the KCS v6 Practices Certification Exam. We’ll assist with exam preparation documentation in advance of and during the KCS v6 Practices Workshop. We will assist with your exam registration, administered through CSI and delivered by Kyrterion.
Kryterion administers the remote proctored exams on behalf of CSI. They have altered their remote exam camera requirements for 2022. If you intend to sit the exam, you can now do so online using the camera in your device.
Due to COVID-19, an internal camera will be allowed for online-proctored exam delivery. While the camera will be mainly focused on you, the Kryterion proctor may require you to move the monitor/laptop to view your work surroundings. (Previously, a web external video camera positioned to view the test taker, their screen, keyboard and work area was required.)
Who Should Certify
Individuals pursuing KCS Practices Certification are most often:
* Program and project managers for KCS adoption
* KCS adoption team members
* Supervisors and first-line and second-line managers
* Knowledge workers who aspire to be KCS coaches, KCS trainers or KCS Team Leads
* Product managers and architects of technology and tools that enable the KCS practices
If you are aiming to become a KCS v6 Certified Trainer, the KCS v6 Practices Certification is a requirement for eligibility.
This certification is also appropriate for product managers whose products align with or enable the KCS practices. This includes people who manage or advise on the adoption and continuous improvement of the KCS practices.
The KCS Practices v6 Certification covers the following:
* The Principles and core concepts of KCS Version 6.
* KCS benefits
* Dealing with frequently asked questions and common objections
* A thorough understanding of the following:
* Solve and Evolve Loops
* KCS roles
* KCS measures
* Content standard and workflow
* Best practices for adoption
* Functional requirements for tools and tool integration
The KCS v6 Practices Certification exam is comprised of 62 multiple-choice questions. The allotted time to complete the exam is two hours. Most candidates will complete the exam in 90 minutes or less. There are no breaks during the exam.
A team of KCS practitioners developed the questions on the exam. The certification standards and exam are developed and maintained by a committee of members from the Consortium for Service Innovation. The exams are validated through psychometric analysis.
The Consortium for Service Innovation (CSI) is the owner of and certifying body for KCS. CSI does not acknowledge any KCS credentials or certifications other than those offered by its certified providers.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: [email protected]